Soul Curry presents an exclusive interview with Jessy Randhawa, a well known name in the modelling arena. Besides being an Indian ramp model, her versatility is that she is an actress, a ballroom dancer, expert in martial arts, kickboxing, tae-kawon-do, Reiki practitioner, popularly known as an Indian ramp model and trained to be a pilot;
She was headed to become a pilot but entered Miss India and there was’nt any looking back.
She was among the top five finalists of Femina Miss India 1994 and today is the queen bee of style and fashion.
This is not it! There is lot to more about her personality, her profound understanding of life and her mature perspective on Marriage. Correspondent from Soul Curry spoke to Jessy Randhawa about her spiritual journey and her view on Is marriage a curse or a boon.
- What’s your view about the institution of marriage? According to you “Is it a curse or a boon”?
- JESSEY: We can never call it a curse. It’s definitely a boon to get married. Two people getting married is almost like you wanting to know what Brahman is, you wanting to know what another human being is; spending time with other person is certainly not easy. You have to compromise. But you have to see it like you are accepting another human being’s Brahma. It’s not about two people getting together for producing children or social causes but it’s actually accepting another’s divinity.
- But does that feeling last when we are actually with the other person?
- JESSEY: Considering the fact that I am coming from a divorce, few years back I would have certainly said: this me, I and Ego is the bigger thing. But today, I feel that transformation has to happen inside you and not the other person.
- Do you think now getting married is necessary in this 21st century?
- JESSEY: Sure it is! It has always been important; it is also a way of self-grooming in life. As such it is very easy to live in your own world, be alone and deal with your self thinking there is no problem because in reality you are avoiding problems. But if you are with someone, you will grow as a person. You will know the problems, get into them and actually solve them, and then your relationship with everybody around you changes. It’s just like till the time you actually become a mother, you would not know what is to be a mother, what are sleepless nights, what is taking care and taking somebody’s responsibility.
“YING AND YANG MAKE THE WHOLE ENERGY. SO, DO NOT MISS THE OTHER PART OF LIFE. I THINK EVERY HUMAN BEING SHOULD HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE; BEING IN THIS WORLD, BEING WITH THE COUNTERPART, AND THEN LIVING THIS LIFE AS A HEAVEN”
- According to you, why are people in today’s world taking marriage as a bondage and opting for live-in relationships?
- JESSEY: I think it is because they fear taking responsibility, they fear getting hurt, and they fear something bad is going to happen. And foremost is that they are not sure what they want from themselves, how they would know about what they want from others. So, basically they are not sure what is marriage for and what does it mean? If they know the meaning of marriage, they will be better off deciding about it in a positive way. As of now people don’t know what they actually want? Do they want the person for physical requirement, for social requirement or they want the person for soul-mate relationship?
- What message would you like to give to the youth about deciding to get married or not?
- JESSEY: Ying and Yang make the whole energy. So, do not miss the other part of life. I think every human being should have this experience; being in this world, being with the counterpart, and then living this life as a heaven. Heaven is not already made and given to you. You have to make it as a heaven.
Freedom is never curbed by another human being. If you give respect, love, and emotional security, you will get freedom; it’s just what you give to the other person you get it back.
“TRANSFORMATION HAS TO HAPPEN INSIDE YOU AND NOT THE OTHER PERSON.”
- What are your views on women being perceived as weaker than her counterpart in Indian society?
- JESSEY: I think women are born of strength. I would say that feminism is not only in women, it can be in men also. The feminine side of any human being, be it male or female, is the most strongest and positive side. And if you are already women, you have to go through a lot more trials and things in your life. This is what makes you stronger because you go through so many more trials. I think men are unfortunate that they are not exposed so much to the trials in life. It is therefore, much more easier for women to go inside their own self and unleash their maximum strength. Women are weak only externally, but god has given them enough balance and strength inside, so she is much stronger than a male.
- It’s for the first time that you got the opportunity of meeting Gurumaa and being part of Amrit Varsha – the divine talk in Mumbai. Please share with us your experience.
- JESSEY:First time was just few days back when Gurumaa had come over in Mumbai for Satsang. I went on the third day, which I absolutely regret now that I should have actually gone on the first day. That was my first meeting with her. And there was this great feeling I got of another human being who is sitting right in front of me.
Though I am not a person of Bhajans or Satsangs as I have never been to any of these, rather I found them boring. But when Gurumaa was singing, I could not keep my eyes open. It was a transformation. The way she was singing from her heart, I do not know how to explain what a Bhajan is? But today I know what exactly a Bhajan is.
“THE FEMININE SIDE OF ANY HUMAN BEING, BE IT MALE OR FEMALE, IS THE MOST STRONGEST AND POSITIVE SIDE.”
- What’s your personal perspective on spirituality especially after attending the session?
- JESSEY: In my hearts of heart, I was all this while, looking for a Guru. I have been reading spiritual books because I like them and mostly say that you need a Guru to proceed in your life. And yes, I have been doing my best in my own ways to go deep into the self. But I have not been able to achieve. Whereas in three days of meeting with Gurumaa, such great transformation has happened in my life. And not only spiritually but in many other ways now things have materialized in such a nice manner. Though she has not initiated me as yet, but already, such positivity has happened because I was in touch of Gurumaa’s aura which is suppose to be God’s aura and it has transformed me so much.